Friday, January 20, 2012

If You're Happy and You Know it . . .


Ride a Horse, YEE HA!

Here's my Monner... who, after her Splashy could not be cajoled into jammies or away from Horsey.

Ma, Iz doan needz no pantz (cuz likz i sez, dayz for loooozers)
But I DOOZ like ma hatz





















In other news:  we've mastered the perfect home-made whole-wheat bran pannycake.  Monner LOVES her some pannykuke!  Here's my recipe:

1 cup of Whole Wheat Flour

3/4 cup bran (or flax)

2 Tsp. Baking powder

1/2 Tsp.  Baking soda

1/4 Tsp. salt

1 egg (slightly beaten)

1 1/2 cups buttermilk or sour milk (milk with lemon juice to substitute)

3 Tbls real maple syrup

1.  In a large bowl stir together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. In another bowl use a fork to combine egg, buttermilk, and maple syrup. Add egg mixture all at once to flour mixture. Stir just until moistened (batter should be slightly lumpy).


2.  maka-da panny kuka!

I make them silver-dollar size, Monner LOVES to tear them apart, plus, they're handy to bring out for snacks. 

Now I need to perfect my loaves of bread.  They are still a titch lack-luster.

Cheers!

signed, 

Mom, who is FINALLY ... losing weight, or it could be the Miralax, either way.... I'm wearing pre-baby jeans today, slightly ass-munching, but they're on G-Dit!

No comments:

Post a Comment