Thursday, January 5, 2012

Snuggletown

I don't have a picture to share, but hopefully I can write well-enough to make you think you're in the Neighborhood of Make Believe, minus that scary Lady Elaine Fairchild, with her wailing "Boomerang Toomerang Soomerang!"

Here goes:

So Tuesday night, I lamented to the husband how I really missed my nights with Monner.  The way she'd snuggle in next to me, we'd sing won't you take me to... Snuggletown! (yes, to the tune of Funkytown)  and waking up looking at her smiling and wiggling.  It was "our time." Now, when she gets sleepy, she'd rather be in her crib.  The Monner Castle.  Kidda Jail.  What happened to our Sleepy Citadel?

Well, she read my mind.  The husband had to work an overnight.  Monner woke up around 4 and just wasn't gonna go back down.   I figured I'd give Snuggletown a shot.  I grabbed Snuggle Seahorse for reinforcements.  Maybe just maybe this night she would want to make a move to a town that was right for her-yes, Snuggletown!

Before I knew it we had both fallen asleep, snuggled in together under the covers, two hearts, who just didn't want to sleep alone last night.  No kicking, or smacking or whining... just pure snoozes.  Me and Monner.  Didn't even hear the husband come home.
 
One of those moments I hope to never forget, and cherish always.  Thank you daughter ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment